Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day One

FYI: Just so you as a reader know, doing this makes me nervous. I am hesitant to ever give someone a copy of my writings or post them somewhere because of copyright issues. My words are mine. I don't speak much, and when I do I often surprise even myself. Enjoy the simplicity of this first one. I always appreciate feedback.

It was the first night that Julie was spending in her new apartment in the suburbs of New York City. In just a couple of months she would be getting married and her fiance would be moving in with her. As she was laying in her new, clean bed in what seemed like a new and fresh apartment, something suddenly was not right. Her body began to tingle all over, then it started to burn and an itching sensation crept over her skin.
What is happening to me? Julie thought.
Without further hesitation she tossed off her covers, flew out of bed and slammed on the light switch as she was about to jump in a cold shower, when suddenly she stopped in mid motion. She held out her arms looking at them with caution, paused, and after a moment of realization she screamed in horror. There were tiny, slimy bugs crawling across her skin.
Maggots.
Why would there be maggots?” She asked herself with a gasp.
Julie was going to school to become a nurse and already had a minor in anthropology. The bugs immediately registered one of two possible situations in her head. Maggots meant flesh; quite possibly the flesh of a human.
Even though it was almost two o'clock in the morning, Julie immediately called her fiance Scott, who was a firefighter.
Hello?” Scott answered in a groggy voice.
There was silence.
Julie? Are you OK?” Scott asked, more alert.
After a short pause Julie said with a staggered voice, “Someone died in this apartment.”
Before Scott could respond, his phone went dead. Julie was left standing alone outside her bathroom door with maggots trying to eat her alive and a dead body somewhere in her new apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment