Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

STEMSS CRUISE EL, Mexican Riviera Cruise- Cabo San Lucas

Day Three Monday, March 12, 2018
Tonight the boat is rocking quite a bit, but today we set anchor in Cabo San Lucas. I was really tired waking up this morning. We had a mini session about culture this morning and got introduced to the scavenger hunt for the day on culture. (I didn't do so well on it, but some of the pictures were taken for it). We ate breakfast and came back to get ready. Karen so kindly got us stickers that we had to have for the tender boats. Cabo is a tender port, meaning the ship can't go all the way into port because the port is too small- and we board boats to get to and from shore. We got sticker number 1, group 1, but we were still getting ready when they called for us at 10:30 and then we got off a bit late and I just got grumpy. However, we finally got there and it was fine. The first sight getting off the boat, and returning to the boat, was a military man walking back and forth carrying a huge machine gun. Welcome to Mexico! We wasted $8 on a taxi-bike ride to downtown- we walked around a bit. My goal is to buy a nice dress at some point, and maybe a blanket (though I could just as easily get either at home). Prices were ridiculous! They were charging USD for everything and it was crazy. Or maybe I misunderstood. We gave up and walked all the way back to the beach, after completing the scavenger hunt.


I learned some things from the scavenger hunt- awareness is being culturally minded, people-minded. It opens your perspective to learn and see as others do. Sometimes you don't notice things until you look for them. Schools, plants growing out of concrete, military, etc. 
The beach was wonderful. Clear, blue water. Cool water, warm sun. Perfect combination. Clear skies- I think. The caramel colored sand felt like brown sugar under my feet, coarse and grainy. Weston occupied himself with searching for crabs but instead found a great collection of...like abalone... oyster/clamshells.... something very pretty, though not sure if they have a name. He was excited by this and brought three back. I enjoyed the water.  I had a mini panic attack once I got out in the deep water- for no reason! It just happened where I suddenly felt, stuck and couldn't breathe. I sure hope snorkeling goes well on Wednesday.

We came back to the ship about 3 PM to clean up and eat lunch. Pirates pizza- authentic Italian: my approval. Kind of tired-hungry cranky, we came back to the room and ended up taking a much-needed nap. We have not participated in many activities, but there are still lot's to come. Weston submitted his application for Grad school into the 4+1 program! We had dinner in the dining room: Braised Rabbit (didn't look like it), lamb shank with root veggies, and coconut lime cake... different, I liked the cake. I ought to be working on more homework, which is why we came back to the room, but we are enjoying ourselves and the downtime, and I'm enjoying this chance I've created for myself to mandatory write every night. We could have done more tonight like there was the 88 Keys piano show, and comedy shows, but we are so tired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment