Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation at Home

Time to catch up! It's been two months. 
When it was time to move, my parents went without me while I stayed to enjoy half my summer in Utah, at home. That first week of June there were three days left of school, so I stayed at Chelsea's house for a week to spend some last days with friends and wrap things up. Then, I went to the home of my amazing sister Lisa and her husband and my almost-like-siblings three kids for the rest of the time. Somewhere in there I left for three days and stayed at a hotel in Salt Lake City with Chelsea and Layne for Chelsea's sweet sixteen. It was awesome! 
SO. I've been trying for nearly a month to post this blog but I can't seem to do it. I deleted everything I had previously written, and now I am going to give simply pictures and captions. All the details before were just too much. In a separate post sometime down the path of time, I'll share about camp. As for now:
Going to Earthfest (a concert with about 8 different smaller bands)
Daily Healing
While posting a blog from Chelsea's computer, this came up. We laughed! It says: "Chuck Norris broke the law of physics. He was left off with a warning." 
 
At the hotel for Chelsea's birthday. Aren't we fabulous? (You couldn't reach the toilet paper form the toilet, so I think that why we decided to be in the bathroom, to show that off. Only, you can't see it, so we modeled instead.)

I spent a least eight hours making these notebooks into journals as a gift for every girl and leader who went to camp. I had a hard time parting with them. They made me so happy :)

Brandon, Hayden, Alyssa
And lastly, 
My favorite person in the world. My sister and me.

So these aren't any exciting pictures. I wish I had spent a tad bit more time taking pictures of the things I did while in Utah, but this is what I got. I loved every bit of it. When I got off of the plane in Phoenix, I walked out to walk out the gate to get my baggage and I stopped when I saw my parents and wanted to turn back and pretend I got kidnapped or something. I didn't want to be home! I knew I would miss Utah a lot. And I am. However, I love that I have had the chance to meet new friends and hang out with them already. 
So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment