Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Memorial for the Death of a Lifelong Friend (Not really)

Something like four and a half years ago, I found myself a device (inherited from my brother) that became a great friend. It is known as a BlackBerry Pearl, aka my phone.
About a month ago, I played a little too hard one night and didn't bother to take care of it, which resulted in it dying even more than it already was. The whole middle row of keys stopped working and for the past month I haven't been able to use the following characters: T, Y, G, H, B, N, 2, 5, 8, 0 and the space bar. Imagine how much I haven't been able to do with my phone!!!! Ah!

But alas, I cracked. I finally gave in and decided I was well overdue for a new phone. A touchscreen smartphone, for that matter. 
It happened last night.

I went from this...  To this...

I'll have you know that I loved that BlackBerry. It served me so well for everything I could ever NEED in a phone. I'm sure I dropped that thing over 5000 times and still it stayed with me. He was a fighter. He was slow. But he always got me through.
Even though I may have shed a tear as I switched phones last night, I am very excited to have a phone that can now do anything I would WANT it to, and do it coherently with the entire alphabet, plus some. We'll see just how long it takes me to drop it (knock on wood)...
The difference may take a bit to get used to, but I am in love with it already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment